The Mission of San Luis & Delta-Mendota Water Authority is to:
Operate the Delta Mendota Canal and related facilities reliably and cost-effectively, and to support member agencies in restoring and protecting adequate, affordable water supplies for agricultural, municipal and industrial, and environmental uses.
- Assured, adequate, reliable, and affordable water supplies for the agricultural, environmental, municipal, and industrial communities served by member agencies within San Joaquin, San Benito, and Santa Clara Valleys.
- Cost-effective and reliable delivery of water to member agencies and other Central Valley Project water users we serve.
- Effective engagement in regulatory, judicial, legislative, and environmental arenas as well as projects and programs that support the policies and strategies of member agencies.
- Respected leader and valued partner in the California water community, helping to achieve the shared goals of our member agencies and the common good.
- A diverse and engaged Board and membership, together with a highly trained, motivated, and capable staff to achieve the shared goals of member agencies.
The Water Authority Board and staff are committed to and guided by the following core values in everything we do:
- People First – Our employees are our most valued resource. They are known for their character, commitment, competence, and loyalty. We provide opportunities for personal growth and celebrate individual and team accomplishments.
- Honesty and Integrity – We demonstrate honesty and integrity every day by practicing the highest ethical standards and by ensuring that our actions follow our words.
- Accountability – We acknowledge that both the Board and staff of the Water Authority are accountable to member agencies and water users that we serve, as well as to each other.
- Courage – We are committed to facing tough issues and doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Transparency – We listen to our member agencies and communicate openly about our policies, processes, and plans for the future.
- Teamwork – We work together by sharing information and resources to achieve common goals.
- Respect – We ensure every voice of the Water Authority is treated with dignity and civility, differences are valued, and individual abilities and contributions are recognized.